Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The star stopped looking at the moon, because the sun has appeared

The star stopped looking at the moon, because the sun has appeared


I can't help but like and remember this line vividly from this drama that I'm recently addicted: Startling by each step, 步步惊心 .


The drama kicks off in a light-hearted and funny beginning, where the lead actress got into a fight in the public with her boyfriend for two-timing her. She was fuming in rage and lashing at her boyfriend, unknowingly walking into a construction area, where she accidentally got electrocuted and was slammed into the billboard of a scene from the Qing Dynasty. And when she was awoke, she was in a body of a 16 year old Manchu girl.


And that was where the story really begins. I really love the storyline, it made me so addicted that I simply have to watch them to and from the way to work. And that's one of the reasons why I love my iphone so much. The wonder of those amazing apps (:


The star stopped looking at the moon, because the sun has appeared


The above line was introduced into the show, during a chapter when this princess from the central plains fell in love with the 13th prince in the show. However, the 13th prince took no fancy to her and wasn't keen to marry her. When her father (the king) betrothed her to another Mongolian prince, she was very distraught as she has yet to even see the new prince. However, when the Mongolian prince made an impressive entrance into her life by saving the 13th prince's father ( the emperor) from the attack of the eagle during a performance, she saw him in another light.


That's when the sun appeared, and she no longer looked at the 13th prince with such an infatuated expression.


I can't help but wonder, do i have a sun too? My friend said that everyone has a sun. How can a planet not have a sun? she says. I know she doesn't mean it in a scientific manner. But what if i've a lone star-孤星? Lone stars are meant to be alone.