Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Quaint find








We stumbled upon this quaint little teahouse along the korean restaurants populated streets a few weeks ago in the morning. And being a tad hungry and tired, we decided to venture into this teahouse for a rest and some bites.

I like how cosy and oriental this little place is, a little different from the usual dim-sum places.




My ever adorable dad and


Rather handsome brother and


I love my floral nails! :D


First up on the table was carrot cake and fried gyoza.
I love how the tiny morsels of the carrot slices adds texture to the carrot cake, coupled with the fragrance of the dried sausage.

A really really good dish.

The gyoza was just gyoza, pretty tasty, but nothing really extraordinary about it.


Spare ribs! One of my favourite dishes.
It taste pretty good too!



Next up was the fried rice and mee sua.

I was kinda expecting the mee sua to be those fried and dried ones, similar to fried beehoon but just of a different texture. Honestly, I was a tad disppointed when the mee sua came. Cos it was wet and it had alot of cabbages. I mean who fries cabbages with mee sua?

But when I tried this dish, I was pleasantly delighted. It was really tasty and it exuded this unique taste which seemed to suggest that they used flower petals in the dish, making them really special.

Their fried rice also had this unique fragrant taste and goes really well with their sambal!

*drools*

The total bill for the dim sum, fried rice, mee sua and the drinks chalked up a mere $27 or so.
It's really a meal worth eating and spending on. They had no GST and service charge (i think). Hoorays!


Yin Xuan Teahouse (next to 2D1N Korean BBQ restaurant)
30 Tanjong Pagar Road
Singapore 088453
Monday to Saturday: 10am to 9pm
Sundays and PH: 10am to 7pm